In order to generate buyer interest in your home, your home must make a great first impression. In order to do this you should get your home ready to sell by performing necessary improvement and even in light or heavy cleaning the pending on what your home needs in order to be presentable for a showing. The following tips will help you check off the most important aspects to consider when in proving the exterior of your home before selling.
Why the Exterior Matters
When preparing your home to sell, your exterior should look fresh, meet and clean in order to impress your buyer. In fact, it is the exterior of your home that generates the first impression before a buyer even walks into the interior. For that reason, you should play to both the visual and olfactory senses of a buyer. This means that you focus on improving areas that are both visually appealing as well as appealing to the nose.
The following are a few tips to help you freshen up the exterior of your home before a sale:
- Tidy up your lawn by putting down fresh grass, planting new trees, cleaning flowerbeds, and mowing an overgrown lawn.
- Removed debris and trash from the curb and any path that leads to your doorway. Additionally, you can add potted plants or flowers along the sides of the path that leads to your doorway.
- Remove big and bulky equipment such as lawn mowers or water hoses out of sight of potential buyers.
- Clean debris and other stains from all of the windows and doors on the exterior of your home.
- Paint the exterior of your home if there is any chipping or fading that is apparent.
- Consider adding scented potpourri to the exterior of your home in order to add a clean and fresh sent to anyone approaching your door.
These are just a few tips to help you bring a garden like exterior to your home while freshening it up as well. Your aim should be to clean up your house so that potential buyers can picture themselves living there for years to come.